The Legacy Continues: 75 Years of Tradition
Established in 1948, the Destin Fishing Rodeo stands as Destin's longest-running and most cherished tradition. Over the decades, it has evolved into a world-renowned angling event that draws fishermen from all corners of the United States. Anglers of all ages gather in Destin for October, all in pursuit of the ultimate catch and the chance to etch their name into Rodeo history.
Daily Weigh-Ins and How to Participate
The heart of the Rodeo beats with daily weigh-ins that provide a captivating spectacle for participants and spectators alike. Anglers will have their catches weighed every day from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The action unfolds on the docks behind AJ's Seafood and Oyster Bar. Learn more at AJ's website here, www.restaurantji.com/fl/destin/aj-s-seafood-and-oyster-bar-/
Participation is open to all, whether you're fishing from a private boat, charter boat, kayak, paddleboard, pier, bridge, jetty, or even from the shoreline. Here's how you can get in on the action:
● Private boats and Charter boats: Register at least 24 hours before weighing a fish, and there's no entry fee for anglers on registered vessels.
● Kayak fishing: Registration is required.
● Paddle Board fishing: Registration is required.
● Pier, Bridge, Jetty fishing: Registration is required.
● Surf and Shoreline fishing: Registration is required.
Diverse Categories and Exciting Events
The Destin Fishing Rodeo has something for everyone. This year, anglers can compete in various categories, including divisions for women, seniors, and junior anglers. The leaderboard is brimming with opportunities to showcase your fishing prowess, whether you're after sharks, redfish, or any species in between.